Circles of Love
Stories of Congregations Caring for People with Disabilities and Their Families
, , ,
Product Code: 9987
Binding Information: Paperback / softback
Size: 8.00 x
Publication Date: 6/15/2015
Availability: In stock.
If your family includes someone with disabilities, you know that congregations can be places of healing or harm, support or lack of care. How can churches better support individuals with disabilities and their families?
In Circles of Love, meet people who have received support from caring people in Anabaptist congregations—support that has changed the course of their lives. These are not stories of valor or victory, but rather of ordinary people whose lives have been transformed by circles of love. Learn concrete acts of compassionate care that congregations can take to support people with disabilities and those who love them.
Foreword by Bill Gaventa
Foreword by Joe Landis
1. Support for Independence: Belmont Mennonite Church and Kent Gunden
2. Long-Term Family Support: Olive Mennonite Church and the Larson Family
3. Support for Parents: Pleasant View Mennonite Church and the Smith Family
4. Advocacy and Support: Berkey Avenue Mennonite Fellowship and the Baker Family
5. The Business of Support: Southside Fellowship and Chad Friesen
6. Support for a New Mother: Oakton Church of the Brethren and the Wuhrman Family
7. Informal Support: Assembly and Pilgrims Mennonite Churches and the Jantz Family
8. Support for the Unexpected: Iglesia Menonita Arca de Salvación and the Maldonado Family
9. Lifelong Support: Reba Place Fellowship and Bob Lembke
10. Other Models of Congregational Support
Recommended Resources and Contact Information