"By venturing into the largely uncharted territory of spirituality and board leadership, Stiffney and Stoesz have proved themselves courageous and groundbreaking pioneers. May board members of faith-based organizations take these words to heart."
- -Margaret Benefiel, author of Soul at Work and The Soul of a Leader
"The authors provide lots of practical advice on the role of spirituality in building strong and vibrant organizations. They include meditations that will inform the mind and encourage the heart. It's a must-read for boards that want to become more effective!"
- -D. Merrill Ewert, president of Fresno Pacific University
"A unique and inspired work that boldly and unabashedly invites board members to act in a caring and spiritual way as they serve organizations. This book will be of special interest to board trustees."
- -Larry C. Spears, author of The Spirit of Servant-Leadership and president of The Spears Center for Servant-Leadership
"Stoesz and Stiffney provide a powerful and accessible argument that a board of directors is more than the sum of its resolutions. The practical advice of the authors is amplified by the inspiring and sometimes sobering real-life anecdotes in the second section."
- -Art DeFehr, president and CEO of Palliser Furniture
"Stoesz and Stiffney help us step back and see the board as a whole, asking us to also pay attention to the organization's soul. The principles spoken to and the wealth of devotional material will serve boards well."
- -Kenneth Hoke, executive director of International Brethren in Christ Association and owner of KOH Coaching & Consulting
"The authors of this visionary book weave board work and spiritual vitality into one vibrant whole. Like rain-washed air, their stories fill the lungs of our belabored agendas with fresh awareness of the One in whom we have our being-both in and out of meetings."
- -Sara Wenger Shenk, president of Associated Mennonite Biblical Seminary